IAB Building Facilities
IAB Building is a two-storey building which includes a large air-conditioned hall with stage on ground floor and a meeting room upstairs.The hall is available for rental to all IAB members. Kindly contact IAB management committee for rental enquiries.
Rental Charges: BND 100 per event
Rental Hall Facilities
- Air-Conditioned Hall which can accomdate upto 150 persons
- 150 chairs, 6 Large Tables and 2 Coffee Tables
- Audio-System, Mircrophones
- Multi-color stage lightings, Stage Curtains
- Green room, Overhead projector
- Ladies and Gents Washrooms
- Parking Area and Covered space outside for catering
- Kids Play Area
The association has musical equipments, received as kind donation from honourable High Commission of India, Brunei
The equipments are available for use to all IAB members.
- Tabla - 1 set
- Sitar - 1
- Harmonium - 1
Ramalingam Chetty Memorial Library
A collection of books donated are available for reading at IAB premises.
IAB had launched Suraksha Insurance Scheme on 15th August 2013 to assist low income group members among our community in unforseen circumstances. The insurance was made possible only due to our member’s generous contributions and support from our sponsors. IAB Management committee would like thank the generous sponsors who came forward and contributed for this welfare activity.
Policy brochure: http://indianassociationbelait.com/pdf/IAB_Suraksha_Insurance.pdf
After running the scheme for five (5) years, the scheme has been discontinued due to low participation.
No policy claim were made against the policy by any member
- Low Income Group (Salary less than BND 700 per month): BND 20
(IAB will pay additional BND 16* to cover the insurance premium)
- Others (Salary abover BND 700 per month): BND 36
*IAB would provide sponsorship for upto 200 inividuals
- Open for all Indian nationals residing in Brunei
- Maximum Insurance coverage of BND 10,000
IAB building has been renovated frequently over the years with funds generated by IAB and also from community sponsorship.
List of recent renovations
- 2018: Laying of new tiles and upgrade of doors
- 2015: Building repairs, re-painting and amentities refurbished